CrossFit Wash Park is co-owned (with his wife Kristina) and run by head coach Ethan Goetz. Ethan holds a CrossFit Level 2 certification (see below for additional certifications), and has hundreds of hours of experience training and coaching with CrossFit workouts. He strongly believes that perfecting fundamental fitness movements is the key to maintaining safety and maximizing performance. A former college baseball player, Ethan has been involved in athletics his entire life and is an avid snowboarder. He has a strong personal commitment to constantly getting fitter, stronger, and faster, and has a passion for helping others do the same.
Additionally, Ethan realizes fun is an essential component of exercise and does not take himself too seriously. While he is pretty good at doing pullups, he's also quick to point out he's pretty bad at growing a beard, getting a tan, or not wearing the same gym pants every day (which his wife loves to point out). He and Kristina also like to think that they are the only MIT graduates - Ethan BS Mathematics 2000; Kristina BS Nuclear Engineering 2000 - who own a CF gym, but have no way to verify this. If you're an MIT grad who owns a CF gym, please keep that to yourself and don't spoil it for us.
- CrossFit Level 2 (2016)
- CrossFit Competitors (2015)
- CrossFit Gymnastics (2014)
- CrossFit Kids (2013)
- CrossFit Mobility (2012)
- CrossFit Level 1 (2011)
- CPR/AED & First Aid certified
- 2013-2015 CF Open, participant
- 2013: Battle of the Rock, 2nd place, 35+ age group, Rx Division; (CF Castle Rock)
- 2014: (1) Team SuperFit Denver, 3rd place Rx Division (with fellow CFWP coach Loren Sjoquist); (2) Triple Threat, Rx Division (CF Cherry Creek); (3) Fossil Games (CF Bladium); (4) Ocho Competition, Individual Rx Division (CF Omnia); (5) Pilgrim Wars, 3rd place Team Rx Division.
- 2015: (1) Tuff Love, Open Division (CF Sanitas); (2) Triple Threat, Rx Division (CF Cherry Creek); (3) Battle of the Badges (CF MOB)
Ethan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.