FEATURED ATHLETE - BRAD H
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? If not with CFWP, how/where did you start?
I have been doing CrossFit for almost 4 months now.
2. What got you involved with CrossFit?
A few things got me involved. Rob (from my baseball team) had started. I saw him in a baseball practice and he told me about CrossFit Wash Park. Then, one of my friends, motivated me by a few choice words...(If you want the full story, ask Kristina.) I was also not pleased with my general fitness level at the time and really wanted to get back in shape, so I decided to do something about it and stopped at CFWP the next day!
3. What were your main concerns when you first started?
I was concerned that I wouldn't actually be able to do the workouts. I had seen some competitions on TV before that looked ridiculously hard, and that was my only real exposure to CrossFit.
4. Why have you continued to do CrossFit?
I am totally addicted to CrossFit! I love it! I have seen unbelievable gains in a short amount of time and am excited to keep working on improving even more. (I've lost 35 lbs. since I joined, and am seeing great muscle gains.) I love the competitive nature of it, competing against yourself and getting motivation by working out with other people. A big part also is the community of people at CFWP, they're awesome.
5. What do you think about the CFWP community?
I feel we have the best community in CrossFit! Everyone is extremely welcoming to new members. When I joined, you could feel the camaraderie everyone has with each other.
6. Have CrossFit and CFWP met the expectations you had before you started?
It has definitely exceeded my expectations. I never thought I would love working out so much! I actually look forward to the WOD's and can't wait to get to the gym each day.
7. What is your favorite part about CrossFit/CFWP?
The people. Everyone from the coaches to each member.
8. How has CrossFit impacted your life?
It has impacted almost every facet of my life, all of them positive. From the more obvious physical ones, to my diet, my mood, my work, etc.
9. Favorite movement?
Squats and Oly Lifts
10. Least favorite movement?
There are a few...mainly because I can't do them yet... (Double unders, muscle ups, HSPU, OH squats, just to name a few...there are a lot of them!)
11. What advice would you give to anyone interested in starting crossfit or just beginning?
DO IT!!! It will be really tough at the beginning, but if you stick with it, you will be amazed at what CF can help you accomplish!
12. What are some personal goals you are looking to achieve in the coming months?
HSPU, Muscle-Up, and mastering Double Unders.
13. Do you have a special moment/memory from your time CrossFitting you’d like to share? (something you’re proud of accomplishing, were inspired by, etc).
Grace Challenge. Part 1 I did after about a month of CF, and finished in 7:29. I was extremely happy to even finish! After doing it in 4:03 in part 2, I couldn't have been happier. It sort of assured me that my hard work was actually paying off. (Ed. note: It's hard to convey the magnitude of this improvement...it's frankly shocking. So happy for you Brad!)
14. Finally, if you could design a WOD for Ethan to do, what would it be?
-10 snatch (115#/85#)
-20 ring dips
-30 cleans (115#/85#)
-50 wall balls (20#/14#)
-60 pull ups
-70 push ups
-90 sit ups
-100 double unders
Death By Snatch (because it sounds dirty!)
(Ed. Note: Nice! Those are both brutal...and might find their way into the programming!)