Featured Athlete - Lindsey B
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? If not with CFWP, how/where did you start?
I've been doing CrossFit for close to 8 months now with CFWP.
2. What got you involved with CrossFit?
I was looking for something different, I've always been active and have lifted here and there but was starting to lack motivation and needed a change up in my routine. I googled "Crossfit" on google maps and found Crossfit Washpark. The rest is history.
3. What were your main concerns when you first started?
I was concerned with "bulking" up. I wanted to look strong, just not huge and manly.
4. Why have you continued to do CrossFit?
I've continued to do CrossFit because it's awsome. :) I'm seeing results and the WODs are always challenging. It's addicting.
5. What do you think about the CFWP community?
It's great. Everyone is friendly and encouraging. Probably a big reason why I have stuck with CF.
6. Have CrossFit and CFWP met the expectations you had before you started?
7. What is your favorite part about CrossFit/CFWP?
CF - The feeling after you are done a crazy hard WOD. CFWP- the community
8. How has CrossFit impacted your life?
It's certainly made me stronger. I think I have more of a "Bring it on" attitude now.
9. Favorite movement?
DEADLIFT (Ed. note: Yeah it is!)
10. Least favorite movement?
11. What advice would you give to anyone interested in starting crossfit or just beginning?
Stick with it for a while. In the begining it seems as though you are just trying to make it through the WOD and not die but once things start to click WODs become challenging in a good way. Kinda fun actually.
12. What are some personal goals you are looking to achieve in the coming months?
Double unders, Consistent deadlifts in the 200s, Muscle Ups.
13. Do you have a special moment/memory from your time CrossFitting you’d like to share? (something you’re proud of accomplishing, were inspired by, etc).
Recently, I was finishing a WOD. (well over the cutoff time) I had about 3 more rounds of toes to bar to complete and Marcy (already finished with her WOD) jumped across the bar from me to complete themwith me. Encouraging
14. Finally, if you could design a WOD for Ethan to do, what would it be?
Burpee box jumps (Lindsey Bartosz style :) -burpee-box jump-burpee), Pull ups and deadlifts. (Ed. note: I like this! Maybe something like a 10-9-8...3-2-1 of these as a WOD soon?!?!)