Featured Athlete - Seth G
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit? If not with CFWP, how/where did you start? you start?
I started in February 2013. I tried dabbling in it at globo gym by myself before joining CFWP, and was not getting the results I wanted.
2. What got you involved with CrossFit?
CrossFit had always intrigued me since 2007 but I jumped in headfirst 2013 after my friend, Brent Mix, kept after me and I saw the results he was getting after just one year. After making a decision to find a box I wanted to be a part of, Fink suggested CFWP to me and a group of us joined shortly after.
3. What were your main concerns when you first started?
My main concerns were many of the CrossFit myths a lot of new people hear before joining CrossFit. Was I going to puke every day? Was I going to get unwanted bulk? Was I joining a cult that I would never escape and be injured all the time? All of those were very untrue and that is why they are called "myths."
4. Why have you continued to do CrossFit?
The strong sense of community is really the most important part for me. Meeting and making new friends and always having opportunity to do that has been the biggest reward. No matter what stage anyone is in, everyone's seeking something better for themselves and those are the people that I'm glad to surround myself with.
5. What do you think about the CFWP community?
When I bring friends to CFWP, they all comment on how much fun they have and how friendly everybody is. Even if I'm sick or traveling, I try to schedule time to visit the box just so I can plug back into the community and see how everyone is doing.CFWP gives CrossFit a great name.
6. Have CrossFit and CFWP met the expectations you had before you started?
They both have exceeded my expectations and continue to do so.
7. What is your favorite part about CrossFit/CFWP?
I like watching people around me accomplish their goals and hearing about new people meeting or exceeding goals that they had like a first muscle up, or C2B.
8. How has CrossFit impacted your life?
Aside from the physical enhancement, I really like how it helps relieve stress and diminish the external radio chatter that can occur.
9. Favorite movement?
I have a lot, but the one that immediately comes to mind are the results that came from the Whole 30 clean eating challenge. Friends and family noticed a drastic change and I found my workout outputs increased dramatically.
10. Least favorite movement?
When Alena left. She is such a beacon of light for so many people at CFWP.
11. What advice would you give to anyone interested in starting crossfit or just beginning?
I have told people that after a year I still feel like a beginner. That keeps it extra fun!
12. What are some personal goals you are looking to achieve in the coming months?
I would like to build off of what I have done so far and get even more dialed in on the nutrition piece and positive impact on my WOD's.
13. Do you have a special moment/memory from your time CrossFitting you’d like to share? (something you’re proud of accomplishing, were inspired by, etc).
I took a physical agility test for a fire department in the mountains. This test was notorious for people passing out, injuring themselves, or just not being able to finish. That was at sea level . After taking this test at altitude, I completed in a personal record time and thought to myself, "I'm warmed up now, when do we start?"
14. Finally, if you could design a WOD for Ethan to do, what would it be?
would like to see him do the firefighter combat challenge and maybe throw some thrusters in there. http://youtu.be/37s01PFd6kM