After nearly a year of hearing Ethan go on and on about CrossFit and seeing their garage slowly lose space for anything non-CF related, Kristina Goetz gave it a shot in the fall of 2011, becoming one of the founding members of CrossFit Wash Park. She has been hooked ever since.
What Kristina loves most about CrossFit is discovering that she is capable of things that she never would have thought possible before. It is amazing to be in better shape now as a mom in her 30's, than when she played college soccer 15 years ago! She offers a unique perspective on CrossFit, having gone from skeptic to believer, as well as finding CF after having 2 kids. She is also a fantastic chef of Paleo meals (as decided by Ethan). A true firebreather (she actually LIKES burpees!), you won't be able to miss Kristina if you're in a WOD with her - just listen for the near constant stream of chatter during the workout, which she claims is "part of her process".
Her favorite workout would be: a combination of overhead squats, handstand push-ups, and Turkish get-ups.
- CrossFit L1 (2012)
- CrossFit Defense, Be Your Own Bodyguard & BTS Personal Defense Readiness certified instructor
- Several Olympic Lifting Seminars/Clinics
- 2013-2015 CF Open, participant
- 2013: Battle of the Rock, Women's Individual Rx Division
- 2014: (1) CFCC Triple Threat, Rx Division; (2) Fossil Games, (3) Pilgrim Wars, 3rd place, Team Rx Division
- 2015: (1) Winter WODFest, Women's Individual Rx Division; (2) CFCC Triple Threat, Rx Division