Loren Sjoquist moved from Minneapolis to Denver in September of 2012 and joined CrossFit Wash Park in May of 2013. His athletic background of baseball, football, diving, and cross country set the foundation for being an incredibly well-rounded CrossFit athlete. He has a training background in both weight lifiting, gymnastics (thank you diving!) and endurance activities, and Loren continued his CrossFit development by completing his CF L1 Cert this year.
As an individual, Loren is a monster athlete (which you'll see when you're in a class with him that he's not coaching) just scratching the surface of his CF potential as he forays into the competition side of the sport. His fiercest competitor is his dog Lexi during sprints.
As a coach, Loren promotes the same things that allow him to be successful in the gym: accountability from community, strength through fundamentals, and enjoyment in sport. He believes that CrossFit is for everyone, truly enjoys sharing in the successes of each and every athlete at CFWP, and is always more than happy to help athletes with one-on-one skill work after class or in open gym. CFWPers have come to accept the brutal ab cashouts Loren puts them through right after peeling themselves off the floor from their daily WOD (alternating one-arm/one-leg planks anyone?).
- CrossFit L1 (2013)
- CrossFit Competitors (2015)
- 2014-2015 CF Open, participant
- 2013: MBS Turkey Challenge, 10th place, Pro Division
- 2014: (1) Team SuperFit Denver, 3rd place Rx Division (with fellow CFWP coach Ethan Goetz); (2) Colorado Open, 6th place Men's Individual Rx Division; (3) Pilgrim Wars, 1st place Men's Rx Individual Division
- 2015: (1) Tuff Love, tied for 3rd, Open Division; (2) SISU Throwdown, 3rd Place; (3) Battle of the Badges, tied for 2nd; (4) Turkey Challenge, 10th place, Pro Division
- 2016: (1) Winter WODFest, 2nd place, Pro Division